Billing Type: MO&MT MT billing requires a dedicated code.
Subscriptions: Yes Dedicated code required.
Shared Price Points:
10 SAR, 12 SAR
0.75 SAR - MO Billed is possible but requires approval.
Dedicated Price Points: 10 SAR, 12 SAR
Standard rate Price Points: Not available
Approvals/Fees Required: Yes Approval required.
Mobile Penetration Rate: 65.2%
Average Individual Income: $22,485.13
VAT Rate: N/A
Withholding Tax: N/A
Regulator: Communications and Information Technology Commission, CITC
Regulator Website: www.citc.gov.sa
Web (PIN) Opt-in: Yes*
WORAR (Requiring a Reply): Yes
Single MO Shortcode Opt-in: Yes
In-app Billing: Yes
*For Dedicated codes - Web opt in via PIN
- STC have implemented their own PIN flow, called V-Code.
- Mobily will be managing a PIN flow but this is not yet implemented.
- Zain have not yet implemented a PIN flow, so third party PIN flow is allowed.
General Content Restrictions:
Regarding Dedicated code Subscription services:
You will have two short codes, one MO 0 SR (free MO) short code and one short code on an MT billing basis at your desired price point (E.g. SR 12 per month, or SR 5/week).
1) The user will send a free MO to the free MO short code that you will promote in your marketing materials.
2) When this free MO is received by the Mobile network, they (the network) will send a billed MT message to the user. If they have credit, they will be billed. The mobile operator will then send a notification to you stating that this user has been billed.
3) At this point you may start sending them their Premium Content via MT messages through the txtNation gateway. (Note: The MT content messages are not billed; they are sent using either an alphanumeric sender ID route, or via the free short code).
4) When the period of the subscription is over, the mobile operator will send another billing request to the user. If this is successful, you will be notified as per step 2. If the user sends 'Stop', or 'Cancel', to the free MO short code, then the mobile operator will cease billing them and will send you a notification that he is no longer a subscriber.
Adult Permissible: No
Mobile Gambling /mCasino (Real money): No
Sportsbook (Real money): No
Virtual Gambling (Virtual credit): No
Lottery (Real money): No
Competitions: Yes Must be skill based. No luck involved or random draw.
Mobile Content: Yes
Info Messages: Yes
Physical Goods: No
Charitable Services: Yes
Maximum Transactional Value: 12 SAR
0.66 SAR per day
5 SAR per week;
Minimum Type Required: E-Mail (24hr Response)
Mandatory Keywords: STOP
Premium MO SMS: Yes
Premium MT SMS: Yes
WAP Billing: Yes
Direct Operator Billing: Yes
MSISDN Forwarding: Yes No hosted window. Zain – single opt-in, Mobily – Double opt-in required, Buttons: ‘Buy’, 'Pay' or ‘Subscribe’. STC – no MSISDN forwarding
IVR Billing: Yes
Number Lookup (HLR): Yes
Number Lookup (VLR) /(RTLU): Yes
Bulk SMS: Yes No campaign referencing premium short codes or IVR
Push Messaging: Yes
USSD Messaging: No
USSD Menus (Sessions): No
DCB Type: MSISDN Forwarding WAP billing/ header enrichment.
Not available via Mobily.
Alpha sender ID: Yes Excludes Zain.
Numeric sender ID: Yes Excludes Zain.
Alpha numeric sender ID: Yes Excludes Zain.
Shortcode sender ID: Yes STC only.
Sender IDs filtered: No
Handset Delivery reports: Yes
SMSC Delivery report: No
Concatenated Messages: Yes
Character Encoding: Yes Full SMPP v3.4
Character Sets Supported: Yes 0×00(Default GSM encoding), 0×01(US-ASCII), 0×02(Binary), 0×03(ISO8859-1-Latin-1), 0×04(Binary), 0×08(UCS2/UTF-16BE)
Maximum validity periods: 48 hours Which is the recommended value.
Traffic type exclusions?: No exclusions other than no illegal services or content.